How to Choose a Window Replacement Company
When it’s time to replace the windows at your home, you may find yourself wondering how to choose a window replacement company. You deserve a quality installation with windows that will stand the test of time. What exactly should you consider to ensure that you choose the right company to replace your windows?
Ask the Right Questions
Many homeowners will start off by asking window contractors the simplest question of all: how much is it going to cost? And while pricing will always be a critical consideration, digging deeper lets you answer a more important question: why is that the cost? To find out, here are some questions you should be prepared to ask each company:
- What brands of windows do they install? – First and foremost, it is important to make sure whatever company you hire installs industry-leading, beautiful, energy-efficient, and durable windows. You’ll also want to ask if the company will have your windows custom-manufactured for each window opening at your home. This helps to ensure a tight seal and seamless appearance, as well as the ability to select the frame color, window style, and the other features of your windows. Companies that install off-the-shelf windows may use inferior products that don’t fit your home or style, which can lead to big problems down the road. Additionally, since the windows themselves are usually warrantied through their manufacturer, it’s important to choose a company that deals with a reputable one.
- Are they licensed and insured? – Licensing stipulations will vary by location, but contractors shouldn’t be reluctant to explain what kind of licensing requirements they must adhere to. Likewise, insurance needs will vary by place and company, but insurance is important when the worst happens — and good companies will be prepared.
- Do they offer a warranty on their craftsmanship? – Reputable companies will happily guarantee the quality of their installations.
- What other jobs have they completed? – Great companies will never hesitate to show off their work. Even smaller contractors that may not have a detailed website should be able to proudly show you photos of their past jobs.
- How do they handle customer service? – Who will you be talking to in the event that you have a question or a problem? Good companies will always have someone on staff to answer questions and adapt to changing circumstances.
Maximize the Value of Your Installation
All of these questions can help you come to an understanding of how companies arrive at their pricing. Superior products, good insurance, customer support staff, and strong warranties are usually more expensive than the alternative, but the old adage still rings true: you get what you pay for. And when it comes to how you choose a window replacement company, peace of mind should be an expense you consider.
K&H Home Solutions is happy to provide answers to all these questions and any more you may have. Contact us to discover why we have over 100,000 satisfied customers in Colorado, or to schedule a free consultation with an installation expert today.